Saturday 1 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Origami Box


Today I have done another activity called origami box. If you don’t know what an origami means, it is defined as ori meaning folding, and kami meaning paper. It is a Japanese art folding paper used to make decorations using a square or a paper that has the same distance on both four sides, and it is used to make cranes, planes, creatures and other models.

To create the box I watched a video showing how to make one using 6 origami papers, and repeated the same process 5 more times after I created my first one. While making it the shapes and fractions I saw were triangles, rectangles, squares, and a cube. When I did this activity I didn’t really find it hard since it was repeating, and putting it together.

Some tips for creating your own origami box are to make sure you have 6 of the same papers (but colours can be any), make sure you press on the folds firmly so that it leaves a mark on the paper, and lastly try to align the papers when folding perfectly.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Chisa,

    My name is Zana and I am a blog commenter from the summer learning journey.

    I really enjoyed this activity as I love origami and my favourite ones to make are origami swans and boats. I think your box looks awesome and I like that you used multiple different colours and patterns on your box. You introduced and explained the activity and how you made your origami box perfectly and you pointed out all the different shapes you saw while making it!

    I have never made a paper cube before but I think I may have to try it now! Have you made any other origami before?

    Keep up the good work and I hope to see more of your posts during the Summer Learning Journey!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Zana Yates

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.