Sunday 16 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey ~ Ice Art



Today I have done another activity called ice art. In this activity I needed to collect leaves, flowers, twigs and feathers, and put them in a container with water that would be suitable to freeze. For my ice art I have put flowers from my back yard and put it inside my little container. After I set it overnight I took it out of the container and took a photo of it quickly before it melted completely. When I looked at the task, there was a tip saying that if I added boiling water, then cooled it down it would make the ice super clear, but I think I set the water for too long and it formed air bubbles inside the ice.

To make your own ice art you can find any container that will fit your freezer, then collect items like flowers, twigs, leaves, and feathers then place them inside the container, then let your boiling water set for a while and pour it inside the container, then carefully put it side your freezer overnight for the best result, (OPTIONAL: you can also put a lid if there is, or even plastic wrap if there is no lid to the container).

I enjoyed doing this activity because the ending result was really cool and I think I would make another one but in a bigger container next time and put some more things inside it.

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora

    Chisa

    My name is Quein and I am a blog commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. This is a beautiful ice-sculpture, the flowers, twigs and leaves that you have chosen have been well laid out and project a sense of positivity and happiness which is great to see. This ice-sculpture reminds me of the summertime and brought a smile to my face-Ka Pai!!! I love the yellow flowers. Are they daisies? It is also really good to hear that you have enjoyed the activity. I was also impressed that you had described and explained to your fellow bloggers on how they may complete the activity if they so desire.

    There have been so many awesome activities for the SLJ, I really enjoyed the activities where you got to be creative and make something like the nanogirl activities. What has been your favorite activity so far?

    Keep up the Super work I look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Ngā mihi,

    Quein

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.