Thursday 13 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Silly Algebra

Today I have done another activity called silly algebra. In this activity I needed to make my own algebra problem using google draw by looking at an example that was shown to make my own problem. For me to do this activity I put an image and beside it I wrote what the number of the image equaled to. Then I made my own algebra problem and solved it to find out the answers for the three questions. I enjoyed doing this activity because I was able to practice my maths skills as well as creating my own algebra problem. 

Challenge:
Solve the three problems on paper or something using your maths knowledge on multiplication, addition, and subtraction. Then when you find the answer, write it on the comment, and write how you solved the problem, good luck!

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Chisa!

    It is Charlotte here from the SLJ commenting team!

    WOW! This is awesome mahi here! You have added in some tricky questions! Did you learn BEDMAS while completing this activity or did you already know it?

    So did you use numbers first when writing the problems, and then switched them out for the images? If so, that is pretty clever! Do you enjoy doing maths at school? Have you done algebra like this before?

    Keep up the great mahi, Chisa!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Chisa!

    Oooh I love a challenge and I have always liked Silly Algebra! Can you check my solutions and give me feedback please:
    1) (8 x 11) - 11 -11 = 88 - 11 - 11 = 66
    In this equation I used the rules of BEDMAS and solved the brackets first.
    2) 8 - 11 x 8 + 8 - 11 = 8 - 88 + 8 - 11 = 8 - 96 - 11 = -77 (Question: did you intend for this to be a negative answer?)
    3) 11 - 11 + 8 x 8 x 11 = 11 - 11 + (8 x 8 x 11) = 11 - 11 + 704 = 704

    Look forward to hearing from you!
    Nga mihi nui
    Naomi
    (Manaiakalani Facilitator)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tena Koe Chisa,

    Great job at completing your task! I have also attemted this activity. I really like the equations you came up with.

    Can you please reply back and check if my answers are right or not:

    1: [8x11]-11+11= 88
    2: 8-11x8+8-11= -27
    3: 11-11+8x8x11= 704

    What did you challenging about this activity?

    Keep up the good work! : )

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.