Wednesday 12 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Cicadas in Art


Today I have done another activity called cicadas in art. In this activity I needed to collect cicada skins around my garden but I couldn't find any so I did another task by trying to draw a cicada with the help of a site that shows how to draw a cicada in different angles from the top and from the side.

But before I did this I learnt what cicada exoskeletons are, for people that don't know this it is an outer layer that covers an animal, like the skin of a cicada when they shed when they are an adult. Then I watched an adult cicada emerging from the skin by a timelapse, and it looked really cool since I have never seen a cicada shed its skin.

I really enjoyed doing this activity because I was able to learn what a cicada exoskeleton is and learn to draw one.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Chisa!

    It is Charlotte here from the SLJ commenting team!

    WOW! Amazing mahi here Chisa! Your drawings are fantastic! In your first one I can see that you have drawn lines so you know where the centre points are. This is very clever as cicadas are very symmetrical insects! Ka pai! Your second drawing is very detailed and shows how intricate their wings are, and what their legs look like from that angle. You must be very talented at art! These artworks are fantastic!

    Cicadas are so fascinating in terms of how they shed their exoskeletons! How did you feel watching the time lapse video? I was personally a little grossed out… Have you enjoyed the cicada series where you’ve learned more about them?

    Keep up the amazing mahi!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.