Thursday 30 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Water Cycle in a Bag

 


Today I have done another activity called water cycle in a bag. Water cycle in a bag is the process of the water evaporating into water vapour, then condensing to form clouds, then precipitating back to earth by forming rain. In the image above I have created my own water cycle and I have sat it on my windowsill for 2 days to see the changes in the plastic bag.

To create your own water cycle you will need to get a plastic bag, tape, food colouring (optional), marker/vivid, and water. After getting these materials you can write the four stages of the water cycles on the bag (this is optional), but it can help you visualize whats going on inside the bag. Then put the water inside the bag, and if you have, put your food colouring in it and mix it carefully. Now you can check it every hour and see whats happening inside your bag.

The changes I saw were that the small water droplets got bigger from the previous day. I enjoyed doing this activity because it allowed me to understand more of what happened to the water when it has been placed on the window. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora

    Chisa

    It is me Quein again from the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. WOW!!! Another activity completed is absolutely wonderful to see your engagement with the SLJ. I was really impressed that you explained what you had observed during the experiment and wrote your findings in a clear and concise way for your fellow bloggers. It was SUPER AWESOME to see that you conducted the experiment over two days and clearly illustrated your understanding of the water cycle by indicating where evaporation, condensation and precipitation took place during the experiment- KA PAI!!! Finally I was impressed by your clear and concise instructions to help fellow bloggers conduct their own water cycle experiments. This was a very strong scientific blog post well done.

    It is such a cool experiment especially when you think more than 70 percent of the world is covered in water. Do you have any tips that you learnt during this activity; for fellow bloggers who would like to give it a go?

    Keep up the Super work I look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Ngā mihi,
    Quein

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.