Friday 14 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Nanogirl | Make a Musical Insturment


Today I have done another activity called make a musical instrument. A sound is created by making a vibration that travels the air molecules in our ears so that we can hear it. For this activity I had a choice of making a xylophone, guitar, or a harmonica, and I chose to make a xylophone. When I created my xylophone the smaller bars made higher sounds and the larger bars made lower sounds. I really enjoyed doing this activity because I was able to make an instrument using paper and tape, and testing it out to see if it works. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Chisa!

    It is Charlotte here again from the SLJ commenting team!

    Your musical instrument is fantastic!! You have really thought about the different sizes needed to make different sounds! You have also included a detailed description of how instruments work and what you did.

    Fantastic ingenuity using paper and rolling it up to use as the xylophone! It is amazing how some paper, tape and a stick can create such a sound!

    Keep up the amazing mahi, Chisa!!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.