Sunday 16 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Zhuzhing it up!



Today I have done another activity called zhuzhing it up. In this activity I needed to read a story called "Nobody Laughed." Nobody Laughed story is about how everyone had the same bag since they all bought it from the Bigbarn store, and since all the bags were the same with no name to be recognized it all got mixed up. Then the teacher started to open up all the bags since no one could identify their bags and everyones bag revealed their secret favourite thing, and each time the teacher opened the bag nobody laughed.

During this activity I copied a google drawing to write my answers of why everyone had the same bag, did the teacher do the right thing by opening up all the bags, and is it ok to have the things the same as others or should everyone have things that are different. After writing the answers to those questions I write what might have been in Aiden's bag. Then I made another google drawing and made a digital creation by designing my own t-shirt that is uniquely mine, and the topic of my design was based on summer. 

I enjoyed doing this activity because I really liked the story as well as writing about what might be inside Aiden's bag because it can be something unexpected. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora

    Chisa

    Wow!!! You have demonstrated an extraordinary work ethic with your SLJ activities and tasks. I was really impressed with the answers that you came up with for the Zhuzhing it up activity. I agree it is sometimes good to have the same things and often you do find people with similar bags than you. However, I think it is really important to try to show your own individuality and self. For example, when I was at primary school everyone in my class had the same black bags but we put stickers on them, painted them and wrote on them to show that they are different. I think the Summer Shirts that you had created were SUPER FANTASTIC; I love the colors, the waves, the tree, the sun and the words summer on them- Ka Pai!!!!

    I think carrying around a doll nowadays would not be a negative thing if you are a boy or a girl. My brother still has his teddy bear in his room and he is now 21 and he is definitely stronger than me. I think the world is slowly moving away from the stereotypes of what is expected of boys and girls. It is moving towards a more inclusive and open minded world where there are no stereotypes that are placed on girls and boys. What do you think?

    You should be super proud of your awesome creative and thoughtful mahi.

    Keep up the Super work I look forward to your next blog post!!!

    Ngā mihi,

    Quein

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.