Wednesday 12 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Nanogirl | Find Your Fingerprint


Today I have done another activity called find your fingerprint. Everyone has a different fingerprint even if you have an identical twin, and there are three main types of fingerprints and they are loop, whorl, and arch. In this activity I have created a fingerprint viewer using tape, and paper. To make my fingerprint more visible I used some black ink and when I looked at my fingerprint it was a double loop, but when I tested on my other fingers it was a whorl. 

I enjoyed doing this activity because it was really fun seeing what my fingerprint looks like and what type my fingerprints were. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Chisa!

    It is Charlotte here from the SLJ commenting team!

    Pai mahi on completing this Nanogirl activity! I think it is so extraordinary that no one person has the same fingerprint! It is uniquely yours! That’s why phones use fingerprints to access passwords and the like because only that person has that fingerprint!

    You went about this activity very cleverly! Putting paper around the tape so you can hold onto that, and putting black ink on your finger so the shapes and indents of your print were clear was very smart! Ka pai!

    It is interesting about the different types of prints here! On my thumb I think I have more of a loop, whereas on my other fingers there are more arches!

    Keep up the awesome mahi, Chisa!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Chisa,
    Wow what a graet fingerprint device you made! Great idea using the black ink, your fingerprint shows up really well!
    Nanogirl

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.