Tuesday 11 January 2022

Summer Learning Journey | Clerihew Poem

Today I have done another activity called a Clerihew poem. This poem was invented by Edward Clerihew Bentley, it is a short biographical poem about famous person or a characters from books. In a clerihew there are 4 lines, and in those 4 lines the first two and the other 2 lines needs to end with something that rhymes. For my character I chose Belle because I thought I could write a good clerihew out of that princess. I enjoyed doing this activity because I learned how to write a clerihew and what kind of poem it was. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Chisa. Phil here from the Poetry Slam team. Thanks for sharing your awesome poem. I like the way you performed your poem and it's also a great little summary of the story. Don't forget to check out some other students' poems and leave them some comments. Keep up the amazing mahi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Chisa!

    It is Charlotte here from the SLJ commenting team!

    What a great poem you have written! You use a lot of adjectives and adverbs which is fantastic for imagining the scene. You also have a very strong, clear voice. Your reading of the poem was fantastic!

    Is this the first time you have heard of Clerihew poems? It certainly is for me! They are quite fun though, aren’t they?

    Keep up the awesome mahi and have a fantastic raumati!

    Ngā mihi nui,
    Charlotte :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.