Friday 1 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Giuseppe Arcimboldo

I have created an art using different things to create an portrait. This was inspired by Giuseppe Arcimboldo who is a famous artist known as creating imaginative portraits heads using fruit, vegetables, flowers, fish, and books. 


First I read three stories to find out more about him.

Next I created my own portrait image. I created the face of a reindeer and flowers inside a vase.

Lastly I changed I changed where the parts will go after collecting the images. 

I enjoyed doing this activity because I was able to be creative with my own portrait. 


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Chisa,

    Fiona here from the SLJ. Excellent work creating a fruit and vegetable inspired piece of art! I really like how you have made a gorgeous portrait and included pretty, pink flowers to make your art look very unique - ka pai!

    Did you have fun completing this activity and learning about the Italian artist Giuseppe Arcimboldo? I thought he was such an interesting artist and very clever to create such detailed paintings.

    Maybe next you might like to try the 'Step it Up' activity and create a Screencastify to talk about how Archimboldo inspired you to create your artwork.

    Keep up the great learning and blogging over the summer.

    Ngā mihi nui,

    Fiona (SLJ).

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.