Wednesday 6 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Summer Sounds

I have created my own poem about the sound outside my home.

First I watched a short video to see what I have to do for the task. 

Next I read a poem from a google slide I copied so I could get some ideas to write my own poem. Afterwards I did a task which I needed to highlight the words that were the sounds, highlight the word that I didn't know and what I noticed about the words that I highlighted. 

Lastly I recorded the sound outside to get inspiration to write my own poem. 

I found writing my own poem hard because I usually don't do this. 

This is my poem


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Chisa, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey.

    Ka pai - you have done a great job at this activity!

    I really like how in your poem, you’ve mentioned the buzzing of cicadas, because I could definitely hear them loud and clear in your audio! Have you seen a cicada in real life before? I think they’re really cool looking, even though they’re really hard to find.

    I really like your illustration too - lots of natural colours with the contrast of a big, red helicopter! I hope the helicopter doesn’t get stuck in a branch!

    Thank you for mentioning what you did and what you found difficult - poetry can be challenging, but you have done a great job at using lots of sensory language, so well done for pushing through and sharing your work!

    Ngā mihi nui and keep up the great blogging!
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.