Monday 4 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Sundial | Nanogirl's Lab

Today I have learnt to create a sundial. A sundial is a device that tells time by the shadow that's been casts from the sun.

First I watched a short video of Nanogirl creating a sundial. I also listened to what materials she used so I could look for them after. 

Next I sorted my materials like paper , pencil, tape, and a drawing compass. I changed some materials because I didn't have it or I had something similar to it like to drawing compass. 

Lastly I constructed my sundial and I also put what I'm going to do in that time. 

I found this activity fun because I never created one of these before. 

2 comments:

  1. Tēnā koe Chisa, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Well done on completing the Nanogirl Sundial challenge! I really like that you’ve included your process for creating the sun-dial and what you enjoyed about the activity. I think I might have a go at making one myself!

    Have you tested out in the sunshine yet today? It would be so cool to see how the sunlight casts a shadow on the dial at different times of the day!

    Unfortunately this photo is quite blurry, so I can’t see what you’ve written on your dial! Do you think you would be able to take another photo and upload it to your blog so I can see your writing?

    Otherwise, great work Chisa and I’m looking forward to seeing your future blog posts!

    Mā te wā
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chisa,
    Well done on building such a great sundial. I really like the different times you marked on it. Have you taken it outside yet to see how it works?
    Nanogirl

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.