Monday 18 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Nanogirl Lab activity | See-Saw

Today I have created a see saw using 6 materials at home, spoon, cardboard or kitchen roll inner tube, long string, rubber, and a blue tack.

First I watched a short video of Nanogirl creating one. I also needed to listen to what material she was using to create the see saw. 

Next I created my own see saw. While I was looking for my materials I didn't have a kitchen roll inner tube so I created one using a think colored paper.

Lastly I tested my see saw out if it would really work. 

I found playing with the see saw fun because sometimes it went really high. 

Here is my see-saw:

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Chisa,

    Fiona here from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    What a great looking see-saw you have made - ka pai! Well done for improvising your materials when you didn't have a kitchen roll inner-tube.

    What was the biggest height you could get the blue tac to fly up? I wonder if you could measure it. It might be really fun to make a video of your see-saw in action!
    Have you ever been on a see-saw at the playground? I don't see too many at playgrounds these days but they were really popular (and really big!) when I was a little girl.

    Keep up the fantastic summer learning.

    Mā te wā,

    Fiona (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chisa,
    Your seesaw looks amazing - did you enjoy using it to launch the foil ball?
    Could you aim it to get the foil ball to land in a cup or a box?
    Nanogirl

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.