Thursday 7 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Float your boat

Today I have created my own origami boat to see if it would float or not float. 

First I watched a video a video so I could learn to make on. This is the video.

Next I recreated my own boat while watching the video. Something that I learnt while making this boat is that make sure every fold is perfect or the ending steps of the folds will be crooked. 

Afterwards I tested out the boat in a big bowl if it would float which it did. 

Lastly I  created a google draw and labeled some parts of the boat. 

I found making the origami boat hard because I never built it before. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Chisa,

    It’s Shannon from the Summer Learning Journey.

    What a fantastic post. I love how you have explained what was hard, given a tip to making a great boat, and drawn your own design with labels. It obviously worked super well given that it floated. Ka pai!

    Have you considered making another one to see if yours is superior? How long did it float for? What things do you think you could do to make a boat float better?

    Perhaps you could remake your boat and take a video of it floating to add to your post!

    Happy blogging!

    Ka kite anō,
    Shannon (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.