Monday 4 January 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Māui me te Rā

I have completed another summer learning journey activity of Māui me te Rā. 

First I watched a short video so I can see what I need to do. Afterwards I translated the page so I can understand what it means because it was written in Moari.

Next I copied a google slide and translated the whole slide because it was also written in Moari. 

Then I watched two short videos about Maui and the sun, and needed to compose a song, compose a haka or compose a toikupu.

Lastly I created my own phrase using a google draw. In this phrase it needed to have how does he feel, is he happy, is he sad, is he tired, confused, what are his thoughts on aspects of the work, in the end, what does he think?

I found this activity hard because the whole task was written in Maori. 


2 comments:

  1. Kia Ora Chisa,

    It’s Charlotte here, a commenter for the Manaiakalani Summer Learning Journey. You have done some amazing work on the ‘Māui me te Rā’ task!

    I thought it was very cool that the task was written completely in Māori, as it gave me the chance to practice speaking/reading it! Do you know any other languages besides English? Is there any language you want to learn?

    I notice that you said this task was quite tricky because it wasn’t written in English, what were some of the other challenges you had to face when doing this activity? What did you do to move past those challenges?

    Ngā mihi nui
    Charlotte
    Summer Learning Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good afternoon Chisa

    My goodness you have done an amazing amount of work over the last few days.

    You have gone through a number of steps to complete this task in a very methodical manner. I'm sure it was hard with the need for translation.

    Do you think your method of solving this would work with other languages?

    Great to follow you on the SLJ.

    regards

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.