Monday 27 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey | Seasonal Greetings Card



Today I have done an activity called seasonal greetings card. In this activity I have found out some facts about how the first Christmas card showed in the sides people caring for the poor and in the centre of the card it showed a family having a large Christmas dinner. The next fact was as printing methods improved over time it became very popular and it started to produce in large numbers from about 1860, then 10 years later in 1970 they shortened the to cost to half a penny which allowed for more people to send cards. The third fact is that the United States of America around the late 1840s Christmas cards were very expensive that made people not afford them. 

Then I watched a video that showed different designs to create Christmas cards, which gave me an inspiration to do the ornament design. In the card I have drew the flag of the country, the beach because I really love going there, and a zig zag ornament, and an M&M's design because I like to eat them. 

After I finished making this card I gave it to my mum because is one of the hard working person in my family. I found this activity very fun because I really like making cards and for other occasions too for my neighbours, and my family. 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Chisa! Merry Christmas to you and your family. I hope that you had a lovely Christmas Day and that you had a special time with your loved one!

    I really appreciated the art work in your Christmas card design, but particularly your personal description of the symbolism behind the images you chose (such as the national flag, your love of the beach and of course M & M's!) I would have had to include Turkish Delight in mine!

    How awesome that you gifted your card to your mum! I am sure she was very touched by your kindness and creativity.

    Thank you for also providing us with a brief summary of the history behind Christmas cards. I found the background to be very interesting and informative. Your third fact, about how expensive cards were in the States in the 1840s, seems to be a reality for some even today, as some cards are now between $8 to $10. This seems an insane expense when you have shown we could quite easily make cards for our loved ones that are even more special Did you get any special cards or gifts this Christmas?

    Keep up the fabulous work and I look forward to your reply. Nga mihi nui, Naomi (Manaiakalani Facilitator)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Chisa,

    Wow! These are some fantastic Christmas cards. I especially like how you used Te Reo Māori in one of them!

    Handmade cards are always very special, I am sure your Mum appreciated such a kind gift. She sounds like a wonderful person!

    I’m glad you found this activity enjoyable. I also enjoy making cards for people, although I didn't have time this year! Hopefully next year I will do some creative card making.

    You’ve found some excellent Christmas card facts! I wonder what the first Christmas cards looked like? Do you think they were similar to todays cards or different?

    I’m looking forward to seeing your next creative and fun blog posts.

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.