Tuesday 28 December 2021

Summer Learning Journey ~Poetry Slam ~ Haiku

   

This was my third poetry slam activity and I made a haiku about summer. Haiku is a form of poetry with three lines, in those three lines there is a specific amount of syllables needed, which is 5 syllables in the first line, 7 syllables in the second line, and 5 syllables in the last/third line. When writing a haiku it is mostly about writing about nature which are, birds, plants, and types of weather in that related season. I enjoyed doing this activity because it allowed me to practice writing a haiku poem. 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Chisa,

    This is an awesome and creative poem! Well done creating a Haiku using the 5-7-5 syllable structure. I know how tricky it can be to find words to fit perfectly in the number of syllables, so this is very impressive!

    Your poem was lovely and summery, I could imagine and feel all of the words you had written. Hot sticky ice cream in the sun is the perfect description of summer!

    Have you written poetry before these activities? I enjoy writing poetry, I think it's a really creative and emotive way of writing about things.

    I hope you keep writing these fabulous poems, and don’t forget to submit them to the poetry slam!

    Ngā mihi,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.