Thursday 24 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Te Huarere - The Weather

 For today's second task I have learnt a few Maori Weather words. 

First I watched a short video so that I can understand what I should be doing. 

Next I created a slide and listened to different types of weather words like: paki - sunny/fine, puahuru - sunny weather, and I listened some more. 

Afterwards I created a sentece of "He aha te tohu huarere?" that means "What's the weather?"

Lastly I three weather fordcast which were paki, hauaua, and kapuapua.

I found it quite easy because I knew some of the Maori weather words. 

1 comment:

  1. Tēnā koe Chisa, this is Elle from the Summer Learning Journey team.

    Ka pai - you have done a great job on practicing your knowledge of the weather in te reo Māori.

    I really like that you have explained your process in the reflection and how carefully you have rearranged your sentences to translate correctly. I’m glad that you didn’t find it too hard, as you were already familiar with how to talk about the weather in Māori!

    How is the weather where you are today? It is kāpuapua where I am!

    Ngā mihi nui and keep up the great work!
    Elle (SLJ)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.