Thursday 24 December 2020

Summer Learning Journey | Building a Dam

For today's first task I needed to build a dam outside. 

First I watched two videos about how beavers make dams, and kids building one to solve a water problem. 

Next I created my own dam out of materials outside. During this activity, today is a wet day so I have created a drawing to show what my dam is going to be like. 

I enjoyed doing this activity because I never drew a dam before and it was hard to figure out what other materials could be used to block water. 


1 comment:

  1. Mōrena Chisa

    That’s a shame that it’s raining today so you can’t go out and make a real dam. Sadly, it’s raining where I am too. I think your dam design would work well though if put into practice. There's plenty of mud and that’s really important since it acts as the glue to bind all of the other materials.

    I was thinking, a dam isn’t something that occurs naturally very often. Do you think there would be some bad things that could happen from damming a water way such as a river? If you can think of any, what are they?

    Keep up the great work!

    Mā te wā,

    Benjamin

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.