Tuesday 31 August 2021

Recreating Famous Artworks

LI: To use Google Draw to recreate a famous artwork

LI: To use your knowledge of colour and colour mixing to replicate the colours used in the artworks.


This week we have been learning about famous artworks and colour mixing. The artwork I chose was the girl with a pearl earring by Johannes Vermeer. This artwork was painted in 1665. It was painted because when the girl was 16 she was a maid at Johannes Vermeer house, and when they met he decided to draw her. Today it can be found in the Mauritshuis Museum in the Hague. 

I enjoyed this challenge because I learned a few facts about who Johannes Vermeer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chisa
    This sounds like a really fun task. I would love to see your recreation of the Girl with the Pearl Earring, unfortunately I cannot open the slide on your DLO.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.