Thursday 5 August 2021

Olympics Maths Challenge 4

LI. to use the most efficient strategy to find the answers.

LI. to use LS2 Maths Talk to discuss strategies.



Today I have done another challenge. This challenge was about creating a graph and work out the top 10 medal winning countries. While doing this challenge I used addition as the most efficient strategy because I needed to add the totals of each country together to find out the answer. 

Steps:

The most efficient strategy I used to solve this challenge was multiplication. The reason why this was the most efficient strategy was that I needed to multiply 4 right angles to how many squares there were in an entire badminton racket. 

In the second sentence use the data from both charts, that means summing the top 10 of both charts. When I summed the totals, I ranked it to 1 - 10.

I found this activity interesting because it helped me expand my knowledge on addition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.