Thursday 15 October 2020

Body Part | Maori

This week for Maori I have learned the different body parts in Maori. 

I first started off with the daily routine by writing the date in Maori. Today is "Ko te Raapa tenei ra, tekau ma wha o Whiringa-a-nuku." Tomorrows date is "Ko te Rapare i tenei ra, tekau ma rima o Whiringa-a-nuku."

Next I watched a video called Rona and the Moon. 

Then I highlighted the Maori words that I knew in blue, and highlighted the Maori words in black. Some of the words were tuara - back, waha - mouth, and turi - knee. 

I enjoyed learning the different body parts in Maori.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Chisa,

    You have a really interesting blog post. I really like the DLO you have created and how you learnt some body parts in Maori. Can you describe the challenging part about matching the body parts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Te Raumati,

      Thank you for your positive feedback. The challenging part was finding the Maori words to the english words because I didn't know most of them. Can you suggest me different ways to memorise the body parts?

      Delete
    2. Hello Chisa,

      Thank you for the answer. One way to memorise some of the body parts is to sing the head, shoulders, knees and toes Maori version. Would you use this solution and why?

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.