Thursday 8 April 2021

5 minutes of camp

LI: To recount a 5 minute snapshot of one experience you had at camp

Last week we went to camp at Kokako Lodge. My 5 minute snapshot shows my personal voice and I have tried hard to paint a picture with my words to describe what I was doing and how I felt.
I found this activity fun because I was able to tell what I felt like by writing it down.


The SCARY High Beams. 
“Does she have 3 C’s? Helmet secured?” said the instructor. “Yes!” replied my teammates. “You can start now!” said the instructor. My whole body was shaking in fear as I climbed the ladder step by step. My face felt hot, and my hands became sweaty. As I finished climbing the ladder I started to climb the staples that were attached to the pole. My heart beated even more as I knew my teammates were watching behind me. From this point I had finished climbing the staples. Now I needed to walk on the log that was metres apart from the ground. Everyone in my group watched me as I gripped tightly on the rope that was being held by the instructor and another teammate. As I walked slowly I could feel my legs shiver in fear, but my teammates encouraged me that made me a bit confident. Not long after I was able to reach the other side of the pole, and I hugged it and said I love you. I was still scared at that moment as I still needed to go back in the middle to get down. The instructor told me if I would like to dance or do something high up in the air. I responded with fear but my instructor encouraged me to do 5 star jumps on the log. As I started doing my star jumps I started to feel even more scared. After I finished the star jumps I was ready to go down because my heart was beating even more than when I first started it. While I was going down I could see the raft building activity team coming up the hill and I could see a lot of trees around me. After I touched the ground I felt proud of myself, and my teammates cheering me.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Chisa.

    Well done it look like you put a lot of effort in it and you also put some very interesting words in it. I also felt quite scared my self when I tried it. Did you feel scared on the inside but not on the outside?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Chisa!

    I like your writing and how you have really enjoyed during camp!

    Mum

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.