Wednesday 25 September 2019

Rube Goldberg | Making a simple machine using a putter


L.I To learn about the five simple machines and apply what you learned to make a Rube Goldberg machine.

Our Rube Goldberg machine was to use a putter. We had to try and make the putter hit the ball into the goal. My movement was to hit the dominos which it hits someones finger and the finger opens and there is going to be a marker and pushes the ball and the ball goes down the inclined plane, and it goes in a hall and hits the putter, the putter hit the golf ball and the golf ball goes in the goal. My thought was that our simple machine was going to fail because the ball did not go through the hole(Pulley).

My challenge was making sure that my finger pushes the marker. My own thought was that our simple machine was going to fail because mainly the ball doesn't go into the hall but sometimes it does. My challenge was to make sure that the dominos fall onto someone's finger. What I would I do differently was to make the hole bigger so the ball will go straight inside and hit the putter.

The 4 main Ideas were:
1-Wheel and Axle.
2-Lever
3-Pulley
4-Inclined Plane.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.